- 49ers RB Carlos Hyde (foot) is unlikely to play in Week 11 against the Seahawks. (Matt Maiocco)
- The 49ers will have Shaun Draughn, Kendall Gaskins and Travaris Cadet available at running back in Week 11.
- Cowboys owner Jerry Jones mentioned during an interview with 105.3 The Fan that he believes Matt Cassel would have won the games that Brandon Weeden lost. (Mark Lane)
- Jones added that Weeden must have talent because former Browns president Mike Holmgren drafted him in the first round. (Mark Lane)
Lions HC Jim Caldwell said that he has already met with new team president Rod Wood, but they didn’t discuss his job security.
“We didn’t discuss it,” Caldwell said, via Dave Birkett of the Detroit Free Press. “We didn’t discuss it at all.”
Caldwell made it clear that he has no intention instructing his new boss of what he believes should be done in regards to the franchise moving forward.
“There is no person that’s got any right frame of mind and got good sense that’s going to make a decree on what he thinks his boss should look like, act like, think about or anything of that nature,” Caldwell said. “It doesn’t make any sense. That’s ridiculous. That guy’s my boss. I’m his subordinate, and he’ll come in and set the pace, obviously, with the vision of Mrs. [Martha] Ford, it trickles down. And we have people that are extremely capable of making the decision, what that person should be, who he should be — or she should be — and go from there.”
- Texans HC Bill O’Brien told reporters that QB Brian Hoyer hasn’t passed baseline tests yet, but he’s optimistic he can return next week. (Aaron Wilson)
- The Texans have ruled out Hoyer and CB Kareem Jackson Week 11. (Aaron Wilson)
- LB Akeem Dent and RB Chris Polk are both questionable.