King’s sources mentioned these teams as the options that make the most sense for him:
According to King, there’s a prevailing opinion that Kaepernick needs to rededicate himself to football and approach the game the way he did in his first couple of years with the Niners.
- Jason Cole reports that that NFL owners will discuss a deadline to vote on plans for Los Angeles at the December 2 meeting, which is considered critical to the process.
- According to Cole, a vote to be among the three teams is not expected, and there will be no “loser” among the Rams, Raiders, and Chargers.
- In the end, Cole expects one team to back away with a deal.
- Aaron Wilson reports that the 49ers worked out QB McLeod Bethel-Thompson (signed to their practice squad) and LB Kevin Snyder.
- Aaron Wilson reports that the Jaguars worked out OLB Quanterus Smith (signed to practice squad) and DB Robert Steeples.
- Despite some speculation that the Ravens may have interest in veteran QB Jason Campbell, Aaron Wilson reports that there’s “nothing going on” between the two parities right now.