Ian Rapoport reported earlier this morning that Dolphins DT Ndamukong Suh addressed the team’s defense earlier in the week, telling them he runs this defense and “only a handful of guys are good enough to play with him.”
“I’m told he told them: ‘I run this defense, I’m going to be here for the next five years, there is no guarantee any of you will be as well. Only a handful of guys are good enough to play with me right now,'” Rapoport said. “He also said the schemes were not good enough, the techniques were not enough and everyone needed to be better, he said ‘follow me.'”
According to Rapoport, the room was reportedly split on Suh’s address.
“My understanding is the room was split, some saw this as the kind of address a leader would give. Others, just something they’ve never heard before,” Rapoport said.
- Jason La Canfora of CBS Sports reports that Chiefs OLB Justin Houston will undergo an MRI Monday for his knee sprain. However, Kansas City reportedly does not believe it’s a serious issue.
- According to La Canfora, Houston was able to walked out of locker room on his own after Sunday’s game.
- This fits with what HC Andy Reid told reporters after the game, which is that they believe Houston’s knee sprain is similar to the injury he suffered weeks ago. (Terez A. Paylor)
- Mike Florio of Pro Football Talk reports that an MRI is coming tomorrow morning on Dolphins C Mike Pouncey‘s sprained foot.
- Jaguars WR Allen Hurns was taken off on a stretcher after he sustained a concussion during Sunday’s game.
- Hurns was taken to a local hospital for further evaluation, but has since been released.