- According to FootballScoop.com, Eagles HC Chip Kelly met with USC officials in Philadelphia on Friday.
- However, Kelly reportedly prefers life in the NFL to returning to the college game.
- USC has already announced that the hiring interim HC Clay Helton as their next head coach.
Mike Florio of Pro Football Talk writes that the Broncos will contractual situations to deal with after the year is out.
Of course, they’ll need to decide if they want to bring QB Peyton Manning back at his $19 million salary, which seems unlikely.
From there, the Broncos will need to address QB Brock Osweiler and OLB Von Miller. However, they’ll only be able to franchise one of the two players, which means they’ll need to lock up either Osweiler or Miller to a long-term deal before the tag deadline.
Of the two, it would seem more likely that they would try to sign Osweiler to an extension and tag Miller, given the franchise tag for quarterbacks is so high.
- Packers HC Mike McCarthy said that TE Andrew Quarless (MCL, short-term I.R.)will return to practice on Monday. (Michael Cohen)
- Tim Kawakami of the San Jose Mercury News reports that USC reached out to Raiders HC Jack Del Rio about their head-coaching position a while ago.
- However, Del Rio reportedly told them he wasn’t leaving the Raiders.
- Ian Rapoport reports that Steelers QB Ben Roethlisberger placed himself in the concussion protocol towards the end of Sunday’s game, but may not have suffered a concussion.
- Rapoport adds that official word regarding Roethlisberger’s condition should be available soon.