- Matt Maiocco reports that the 49ers have president Paraag Marathe will take a larger role in the organization’s outside business ventures, including the Sacramento Republic soccer team.
- According to Maiocco, Marathe will remain with his current title and job description through the Super Bowl 50.
Browns HC Mike Pettine told reporters Thursday that he and owner Jimmy Haslam will likely sit down and dicsuss his future towards the end of the year.
“As the season winds down, [my future] could potentially come up between [Haslam and me],”Pettine said, via Nate Ulrich of the Akron Beacon Journal. “I’m full speed ahead to getting it fixed here in Cleveland, and I know the results aren’t anywhere near where they need to be. But that doesn’t mean that we’re not making strides, we’re not getting it set up that it can be done. So, to me, it’s a belief that we can. We got five games left and we’re going to go out and wear the Cleveland logo proud and try to win football games.”
- Aaron Wilson reports that the Browns tried out P Brock Miller.
- Steve Serby of the New York Post reports that that Giants HC Coughlin is coaching for his job, while GM Jerry Reese is expected to be safe, even if they miss the playoffs this season.
- Aaron Wilson reports that the Packers are working out WR J.J. Worton.