Home / 49ers / NFC Notes: 49ers, Bears, Cardinals, Cowboys, & Redskins
NFC Notes: 49ers, Bears, Cardinals, Cowboys, & Redskins
- 49ers HC Jim Tomsula denied reports that he butted heads with former president Paraag Marathe over the use of analytics, calling them: “Absolutely false.” (Pro Football Talk)
- Tomsula added that he didn’t have any knowledge about Marathe being reassigned or the reasoning behind the move.
- 49ers RB Carlos Hyde and TE Garrett Celek will not travel to Chicago with the team, and will miss Sunday’s game. (Matt Maiocco)
- Kennard McGuire, the agent for Bears TE Martellus Bennett, said of the reported rift between his client and the team: “There isn’t any rift or tension. Whoever is making these remarks should have the testicular fortitude and in from of there statements.” (Ian Rapoport)
- Todd Archer of ESPN writes that even though the Cowboys are 3-8 on the season, the team is not in need of a rebuild next year.
- If it were up to Archer, he wouldn’t select a quarterback in round one, but admits he may change his mind once he has a better idea of where Dallas will be drafting and who should be available to them.
- In the end, Archer believes the Cowboys would be best served taking a pass-rusher, cornerback or wide receiver in round one.
- Beyond that, a running back would probably make sense for them as well.
- Redskins HC Jay Gruden announced Friday that LB Perry Riley Jr. will undergo surgery on his injured foot and miss 3-6 weeks.
Tags Andre Ellington Carlos Hyde Frostee Rucker Garrett Celek Jerraud Powers Martellus Bennett Paraag Marathe Perry Riley Jr.