- Adam Schefter reports that the Colts were not optimistic that QB Andrew Luck would be able to play Sunday against the Texans as of last week.
- Doctors are expected to make a determination at some point this week regarding Luck’s status for Week 15.
- Ian Rapoport of NFL Media reports that Bengals QB Andy Dalton (broken thumb) will see a hand specialist today.
- According to Rapoport, the initial fear is that Dalton will miss the remainder of the regular season, and possibly more.
- Broncos HC Gary Kubiak wouldn’t confirm if QB Peyton Manning will practice this week. (James Palmer)
- According to Kubiak, a decision will be made today or Tuesday regarding Manning.
“I say (he was worth) six to eight million because of character concerns,” a team contract negotiator said, “but the way he’s playing now, you can live with it and love it.”
The franchise tag for cornerbacks was $13.05 million for the 2015 season, but that figure will likely increase a bit once the 2016 salary cap is set in stone. Unless the Panthers and Norman are able to reach an agreement ahead of free agency, there’s a decent chance he could get tagged.
- Brian T. Smith points that Texans QB Brian Hoyer may have suffered his fifth concussion, and second in the past month.
- If ends up being diagnoses with a concussion, Smith believe he should not be allowed to take field this Sunday against the Colts.