Bills GM Doug Whaley wouldn’t commit to Tyrod Taylor being their long-term starting quarterback, but said he’s shown them enough to get another shot.
“Is he the long-term starter?” Whaley said, via Jenny Vrentas of MMQB.com. “Let’s put it this way: He’s shown us enough that we can obviously keep trying with him. But it won’t preclude us from going out and protecting ourselves [in case] he’s not.”
- Chiefs trainer Rick Burkholder told reporters that Dr. James Andrews confirmed OLB Justin Houston has a hyperextended knee. (Ian Rapoport)
- According to Andrews, swelling in Houston’s knee is going down. (Ian Rapoport)
- Paul Newberry of the Associated Press writes that Falcons GM Thomas Dimitroff is now on the hot seat in Atlanta.
- Newberry fully exepects first-year head coach Dan Quinn to return next season, even with the team’s dispointing play as of late.
- However, Newberry can see Falcons owner Arthur Blank bringing in a new GM to pair with Quinn.
- Giants rookie DE Owa Odighizuwa (hamstring, short-term I.R.) returned to practice on Thursday. (Ralph Vacchiano)