College HC Candidates
- Jason La Canfora reports that UCLA head coach Jim Mora and Northwestern coach Pat Fitzgerald are among the college coaches who NFL teams are already doing due diligence on.
- La Canfora mentions that it could be difficult to lure either coach away from their current job, but it’s certainly not impossible.
According to Ian Rapoport, changes are expected to be made in the Dolphins’ front office next year, which could lead to them replacing GM Dennis Hickie.
“There is some change expected there,” Rapoport said. “It is no certainty that Hickie returns for the 2016 season.”
Eagles HC Chip Kelly said that he isn’t worried about getting fired or his job security after a disappointing 2015 season.
“I’m going to continue to work as hard as I can and show up early in the morning and stay late at night and continue to work,” Kelly said, via Pro Football Talk. “But I don’t think anybody in my situation would tell you they are worried about — if they are worried about getting fired, they probably should already have been fired.”
- Jason La Canfora reports that the Giants could promote OC Ben McAdoo to head coach if Tom Coughlin retires after the 2015 season.
- La Canfora mentions that McAdoo has clicked with franchise quarterback Eli Manning, and the offense has kept the team competitive despite issues with the offensive line and at running back.
- The Giants have shown a willingness to promote from within in the past, which could also work in McAdoo’s favor.
- Mike Reiss of ESPN writes that Patriots impending free agent DT Akiem Hicks is setting himself up to secure a sizable contract in the coming months.