- Adam Schefter reports that the NFL is “pushing hard” to get Week 17’s Vikings vs. Packers game flexed to Sunday night.
- Schefter mentions that this is the most likely option while indicating that a decision may have already been made.
- The NFC North title would be on the line next Sunday, so you can see why the league is pushing to move this game to primetime.
Jason La Canfora takes a look at several head coaching candidates that could be in demand in the coming weeks, as teams begin to start making changes to their staffs.
Here are some notes from La Canfora regarding potential head-coaching moves to watch:
- Patriots OC Josh McDaniels: La Canfora mentions that the Giants and/or Titans’ jobs could appeal to McDaniels.
- Jaguars OL coach Doug Marrone: Two teams that could show some interest in Marrone are the Saints and Browns, according to La Canfora.
- La Canfora believes former Lions HC Jim Schwartz could draw interest from the Colts, Chargers and Dolphins, all of which could be looking for an experienced head coach.
- La Canfora reports that the Chargers’ job would have “significant appeal” to UCLA HC Jim Mora.
Jason La Canfora has become “much more inclined to believe” Packers director of player personnel Eliot Wolf may actually be willing to leave Green Bay for the right job. According to La Canfora, there has been “strong buzz” about him being an option for the Browns among other places.
Sources have told La Canfora Wolf’s father, Ron, could end up consulting for Browns owner Jimmy Haslam during the offseason.
La Canfora expects Wolf to at least explore several options, but he also admits the Packers are in Wolf’s “heart and blood.”
- Meanwhile, Vikings executive George Patton is “coveted for several jobs” according to La Canfora. In fact, La Canfora can’t see him not getting a job unless he just isn’t ready to leave the Vikings.
- La Canfora has spoken to a number of sources who expect the Dolphins to shake things up in their front office and make a change at GM. One name to watch, according to La Canfora is Chris Grier, who could be promoted from within.
- Other executives who are likely to draw interest include: former Colts GM Chris Polian, Steelers exec Omar Khan, Seahawks exec Trent Kirchner, Colts exec Jimmy Raye III, and Chiefs exec Chris Ballard.
- Greg Auman of the Tampa Bay Times would be “surprised” if veteran WR Vincent Jackson is brought back at his current salary in 2016.
Titans WR Kendall Wright re-aggravated his MCL injury during Sunday’s loss to the Texans.
“(Team doctors said) that my knee wasn’t stable enough to go out there,” Wright said, via Terry McCormick of TitanInsider.com. “I wanted to out there but the doctors didn’t think it was OK for me to go out there.”