Jason Cole of B/R spoke to an NFL source over the weekend regarding the HGH allegations involving Peyton Manning who said that the NFL is in a problematic situation here, considering that they said that Deflategate was on par with PED use.
Because of this, the league won’t be able to ignore the allegations and will need to conduct a serious investigation into the report from Al Jazeera.
Patriots QB Tom Brady showed some support for Manning on Monday.
“He’s been a great player for this league, for his teams, for his organizations,” Brady said on WEEI on Monday, per Mike Reiss of ESPN.com. “He’s been one of the best players to ever play the game. Nobody has more respect for Peyton than I do and everything he’s accomplished. Those are always challenging times, but he’s a tough guy; I know that. He’s a very mentally and physically tough guy.”
- Ed Werder reports that Cardinals veteran OLB Dwight Freeney has earned $500,000 of the possible $1 million in sack based incentives included in his contract.
According to Cole, there’s some question whether the Dolphins can keep Grimes and Ryan Tannehill in the same locker room.
- Joel Corry points out that Dolphins CB Brent Grimes has a $9.5 million salary cap figure for the 2016 season.
- According to Corry, the Dolphins would free up $6.5 million in cap space and create $3 million in dead money by cutting Grimes outright.
- Ian Rapoport reports that Panthers RB Fozzy Whittaker suffered a mild high-ankle sprain yesterday.
- Whittaker is out for Week 17’s game, but he’s still hopeful to return for the playoffs.
- Seahawks GM John Schneider mentioned during a radio show appearance that they had Rams RB Todd Gurley rated as the No. 1 player on their 2015 draft board. (Bob Condotta)