- Jeff Dickerson of ESPN considers RB Matt Forte‘s future with the Bears to be “bleak” and believes the team views him as “expendable.”
- According to Dickerson, the Bears do not want to give TE Martellus Bennett the contract he’s been seeking. Dickerson adds that it could be time for the Bears to move on.
- Dickerson mentions that “the writing is on the wall” in regards the Bears moving on from OT Jermon Bushrod, who is due $6.5 million in 2016.
- Dickerson wonders if the best course of action for the Bears in regards to Alshon Jeffery would be to franchise him, rather than lock him up to a big-money deal when he’s been an injury concern.
- In regards to QB Jay Cutler, Dickerson believes most signs point to him being back in 2016.
- Adam Schefter reports that Chip Kelly had two years and $12.4 million remaining on contract.
- However, should Kelly sign with another NFL team, his new salary would count against this figure.
- The Ravens signed G Leon Brown to their practice squad.
- Aaron Wilson reports that the Texans assigned two staffers to scout the Birmingham Bowl between Memphis and Auburn, which features quarterback prospect Paxton Lynch.
Vikings veteran LB Chad Greenway said he’s probably going to play another year and is hoping to be back in Minnesota.
“I want to enjoy this moment, and enjoy the playoffs,” Greenway said, via Jim Souhan of The Star Tribune. “To me, it rejuvenates you as an athlete and a person to go through this and have this in front of you. I’m probably going to play next year. To go through a year like we’ve gone through and to be part of this has been really fun.”