Home / Browns / NFL Rumors: Los Angeles, Colts, Packers, & Texans
NFL Rumors: Los Angeles, Colts, Packers, & Texans
- Jason Cole of B/R mentions members of the three major committees will meet in New York next week to discuss the relocation of teams to Los Angeles.
- The NFL is reportedly trying to build a consensus for which team/teams will be moving to L.A.
- As of now, Cole mentions that a consensus is building towards the Chargers gaining approval. However, the owners are still hoping to get a majority of consensus .
- There are still questions as to whether or not the Rams and Raiders will ultimately get the required approval to relocate.
- Jason Cole of B/R has spoken to multiple sources who wonder who Andrew Luck wants in terms of the team’s next head coach.
- Sources within in the organization are interested to see if Luck will offer his opinion about the franchise moving forward this offseason.
- Cole mentions that with Luck entering the final year of his contract, he’ll likely want certain conditions agreed upon before signing a long-term extension with the team.
- Neil Stratton is hearing that Packers director of pro personnel Eliot Wolf could have his pick of GM jobs with the Browns and Lions being possibilities.
- However, Stratton adds that Wolf is still viewed as the Packers’ heir apparent to GM Ted Thompson.
- Neil Stratton is hearing that Texans GM Rick Smith could be promoted to president with Brian Gaine being elevated to GM.
- According to Stratton, the timing of such a move is “unclear” and may not happen until after next year’s draft.
Tags Andrew Luck Brian Gaine Eliot Wolf Rick Smith