Home / Buccaneers / NFL Notes: Los Angles, Buccaneers, Colts, & Eagles
NFL Notes: Los Angles, Buccaneers, Colts, & Eagles
- Ian Rapoport reports that relocation proposals for Los Angeles are due on Monday and and the Rams, Chargers and Raiders all plan to file them.
- According to Rapoport, the relocation fee to move to Los Angeles will be $550 million per team.
- However, NFL owners are expected to help out whoever gets left out.
- Joel Corry mentions that the Buccaneers would be idiotic to franchise impending free agent RB Doug Martin.
- Doing so would give Martin a guaranteed salary $11.825 million, assuming the 2016 cap ends up at $153.4 million.
- Corry adds that running backs rarely switch teams in free agency for more than $5 million per year.
- Jay Glazer reports that Colts HC Chuck Pagano is out in Indianapolis, as expected.
- According to Glazer, had the Colts lost last year in the divisional round, they would have fired him then.
- During the offseason, the Colts offered Pagano just a one-year extension worth $3.7 – $3.9 million, which would have made him the lowest paid head coach.
- Tom Pelissero mentions that NFL teams can begin requesting interviews at midnight on Sunday.
- Pelissero lists Lions DC Teryl Austin, Giants OC Ben McAdoo, and Chiefs OC Doug Pederson as three names to watch for the Eagles.
Tags Ben McAdoo Chuck Pagano Doug Martin Doug Pederson Teryl Austin