Home / Bills / NFL Notes: Hue Jackson, Bills, Dolphins, & Jets
NFL Notes: Hue Jackson, Bills, Dolphins, & Jets
- Jason Cole confirms that Packers assistant Mike Solari will likely be a target for Hue Jackson if he’s hired in the coming days.
- Interestingly enough, Cole adds that Jackson could consider bringing in former Colts offensive coordinator Pep Hamilton to be his QBs coach.
- Football Scoop reports that Arkansas is hiring Bills offensive line assistant coach Kurt Anderson as their new offensive line coach.
- Armando Salguero reports that the Dolphins had a “long conversation” about possibly hiring former Giants HC Tom Coughlin, but ultimately decided there isn’t a long future in it, among other concerns.
- According to Salguero, one concern for the Dolphins was Coughlin’s game management.
- Regarding interim HC Dan Campbell, Salguero mentions that the Dolphins will probably “give him a couple of days” before contacting him again, which implies he wasn’t too happy with their decision to hire Adam Gase.
- Manish Mehta offers 10 moves for the Jets that they should consider making during the offseason.
- According to Mehta, he believes they should re-sign QB Ryan Fitzpatrick, RB Bilal Powell, and NT Damon Harrison.
- Beyond that, Mehta suggests trading DL Muhammad Wilkerson after franchising him.
- Other moves for the Jets would be to rework LT D’Brickshaw Ferguson’s contract and approach CB Antonio Cormartie about a paycut.
- Mehta adds that targeting a speedy edge-rusher and a quarterback would also make sense for them.
Tags Antonio Cormartie Bilal Powell D'Brickshaw Ferguson Damon Harrison Dan Campbell Hue Jackson Kurt Anderson Mike Solari Muhammad Wilkerson Pep Hamilton Ryan Fitzpatrick Tom Coughlin