- Adam Schefter reports that Bengals LB Vontaze Burfict is facing suspension for his hit on Steelers WR Antonio Brown during Saturday night’s wild-card game.
Patriots RB Steven Jackson said he isn’t ready to say that this will be it for him in regards to his NFL career.
“We’ll see how this postseason goes for me. I won’t completely close the door, but it allows for me — if I do close it — to rest,” Jackson told Mike Reiss on Thursday.
- Reiss reports that Patriots QB Tom Brady and WR Julian Edelman put in some extra time this week, and optimism remains high regarding Edelman’s availability and projected effectiveness for Saturday’s divisional-round game.
- Ian Rapoport of NFL Media reports that Seahawks RB Marshawn Lynch knew something was still not right with his body on Friday, which is why he informed the coaching staff that he wasn’t able to play this weekend while they were preparing to board a plane for Minnesota.
- Lynch reportedly felt the pain in his abdomen flare up again after Friday’s practice.
- According to Rapoport, there’s concern that
- Steelers assistant coach Joey Porter will be fined for coming on to field Saturday night and engaging Bengals players, according to Adam Schefter.
- Texans DL J.J. Watt told reporters on Sunday that he’ll undergo surgery on his injured groin and miss 6-7 weeks. (Adam Schefter)