- Chargers owner Dean Spanos told reporters Monday night: “My Focus is still Carson.” (Marty Caswell)
- Raiders owner Mark Davis was asked if he’s confident in the Carson stadium project, to which he replied: “Absolutely.” (Nick Wagoner)
- Andrew Brandt reports that the NFL L.A. Committee, which is comprised of owners Bob Kraft, Bob McNair, Jerry Richardson, Art Rooney, and Clark Hunt, is meeting tonight, and plan to report to ownership in morning, possibly with a recommendation.
Bears LT Jermon Bushrod said he loves playing in Chicago, but he isn’t certain if he’ll be back with the team next year.
“It’s tough,” Bushrod said, via ChicagoBears.com. “I’ve grown close to the guys here. I love this organization and everything it is about. We don’t know how it’s going to shake out, but we’ll see how the future works out. But either way, I’m appreciative of my time here. I’ve cherished my time here.”
Bushrod did, however, make it clear that he wants to keep playing, despite the injuries and his up and down season.
“Do I want to keep playing? Absolutely,” said the 31-year-old. “I feel like over the year I felt better. I can say that [the season finale] was the best I felt in a long time. Honestly, I’ve been feeling good. I just haven’t been able to really put it together like I’ve wanted to.
“You just like to be a part [of the team]; win, lose or draw you want to be a part. You want to hang your hat on what you go out there and do. That’s my mindset that I’m going to use going forward throughout this thing and I think it’s going to buy me another year or two in this league.”
Dolphins & Rams
- Adam Caplan reports that veteran WRs coach Shawn Jefferson is expected to interview for WRs coaching job with the Rams and Dolphins.
- Jason La Canfora of CBS Sports mentions that he has yet to speak to a single person who believes the Titans will remain in position of the Adams family for any significant timeframe.