- Chargers announced Tuesday they’ve hired former Jaguars DC Bob Babich as the team’s new linebackers coach.
- Babich will replace Mike Nolan on the team’s coaching staff.
- Colts veteran QB Matt Hasselbeck said he doesn’t know if he’ll retire next year, but plans to wait a few weeks before making a final decision. (Stephen Holder)
- Alex Marvez reports that Dolphins’ Mark Duffner and Giants’ Jim Hermann are both interviewing for LBs coach job with the Colts.
- According to Alex Marvez, recently signed DC Vance Joseph wants to bring Bears assistant DL coach Clint Hurtt to Miami as their new defensive line coach, but Chicago is not allowing the move.
- Mike Jones reports the Dolphins will hire 49ers OL coach Chris Foerster to the same position in Miami.
- In addition, Redskins assistant OL coach Shane Day has been hired as the team’s new tight ends coach.
- Mike Garafolo reports that since New York’s head-coaching spot is still vacant, Giants WR coach Sean Ryan will interview with the Texans for the same position.
According to Eric Smith and Laurel J. Sweet of the Boston Herald, Patriots DE Chandler Jones was rushed to a hospital after showing up to Foxboro Police Department with a “medical emergency” on Sunday morning.
Regardless, Jones showed up to Monday and Tuesday’s practice without any issues.
Further information on the specifics behind the medical emergency has yet to be released.