Alabama HC Nick Saban said that he’s “pretty happy” where he’s at right now, and is motivated to leave for a job in the NFL.
“Right now, I’m pretty happy with where I’m at,” Saban told ESPN’s Mike & Mike. “Haven’t really been, I don’t know, motivated to go anywhere else or do anything else at this time.”
Saban was asked if he at least picks up the phone to listen when an NFL team calling about head-coaching opportunities.
“I haven’t to this point,” Saban said.
- Andrew Abramson of the Palm Beach Post reports that the Colts have reached out to former Dolphins HC Joe Philbin about their offensive line coach vacancy.
- The Colts were interested in Chris Forester before he was hired as the Dolphins new offensive line coach on Tuesday.
- Adam Caplan reports that Eagles assistant OL coach Greg Austin recently took a job with Central Florida as their OL coach.
- Alex Marvez reports that the Saints should officially naming Dennis Allen their defensive coordinator at some point in the near future.
- Marvez adds that a deal may already be agreed to.