- Matt Barrows of the Sacramento Bee wonders if the Browns, who hired Hue Jackson on Wednesday, could be a potential landing spot for 49ers QB Colin Kaepernick.
- Ann Killion of the San Francisco Chronicle reports 49ers GM Trent Baalke is handling the team’s head coaching search, but doesn’t want to hire anyone who could threaten his power.
- New Browns HC Hue Jackson said of the team’s new analytics focus: “I like being cutting edge. I try to be cutting edge on offense. Eventually everybody’s going to be doing what we’re doing.” (Mary Kay Cabot)
- Jackson said he needs to watch the tape on Johnny Manziel before deciding anything. (Around the NFL)
- Jackson said of Joe Thomas possibly not wanting to be back with the Browns: “I want to sit down and talk to all of our players. I believe in my heart he’ll be excited.” (Mary Kay Cabot)
- Regarding his plans for his coaching staff, Jackson said: “I’m going to attract some good coaches and some great coaches. I need to start returning some of those (142) text messages.” (Mary Kay Cabot)
Paul Kuharsky of ESPN reports that former Lions HC Jim Schwartz is waiting to see what happens in regards to the Titans head-coaching job before deciding whether to pursue defensive coordinator positions.
Schwartz is located in Tennessee and has worked as the Titans’ defensive coordinator under Jeff Fisher.
Kuharsky gets the sense that Schwartz would prefer to have the Titans’ coordinator position over the other available jobs.