Cardinals RB Chris Johnson (broken leg, I.R./return) confirmed he’ll be “ready to go” if they make it to the Super Bowl.
“God-willing, we get there,” Johnson said, via USA Today, “and then, it’s showtime.”
- Chiefs OLB Tamba Hali, ILB Derrick Johnson and S Eric Berry all confirmed that they would like to be back in Kansas City next year. (Terez A. Paylor)
- Eagles owner Jeffrey Lurie said he had 25 candidates lined up for the job including some candidates who were head coaches on other teams.
- Ian Rapoport suggests Tom Coughlin, Chuck Pagano, and Sean Payton as candidates from other teams that the Eagles likely had interest in.
- According to Pro Football Talk, the Eagles and one other team were interested in John Harbaugh.
- New HC Doug Pederson said that he hasn’t decided on an offensive coordinator yet.
- Regarding the quarterback position, Pederson said that he’s still evaluating their options and mentioned that Sam Bradford is “top notch.” (Josina Anderson)
- Pederson added that Bradford “would fit perfectly” into what he wants to do. (Les Bowen)
- Pederson confirmed that he will call plays for the Eagles. (Jeff McLane)
- Pederson said that Dave Fipp will be retained as special teams coordinator and Jeff Stoutland likely to remain their offensive line coach. (Zach Berman)
- According to Pederson, Ken Flajole is a candidate to join defensive staff. (Bob Grotz)
- Pederson said that he would consider Pat Schurmur remaining as the team’s offensive coordinator. (Jeff McLane)
- The Packers fired RBs coach Sam Gash on Tuesday. (Michael Cohen)
- Tom Silverstein reports that the Packers also fired TEs coach Jerry Fontenot.
- According to Ian Rapoport, there could be even more changes coming to the Packers’ coaching staff.
- Ravens long snapper Morgan Cox has been named to the Pro Bowl team.