Home / Eagles / NFL Notes: Eagles, Falcons, Packers, Patriots, & Ravens
NFL Notes: Eagles, Falcons, Packers, Patriots, & Ravens
- Joel Corry mentions that veteran TE Brent Celek may need to take a pay cut from his $5 million salary for the 2016 season in order to be back in Philadelphia now that they’ve locked up TE Zach Ertz long-term.
- Corry wonders if the Eagles could shift their focus to signing DT Fletcher Cox and OT Lane Johnson to extensions.
- Corry also points out that the Eagles would save $5 million in salary cap room if they were to trade or release TE Brent Celek.
- Vaughn McClure believes it makes the most sense for the Falcons to let Roddy White play out his contract with his knowledge and ability to help the younger receivers.
- Falcons FB Patrick DiMarco was named to the Pro Bowl to replace FB Marcel Reese.
- Mike Garafolo expects TE Rob Gronkowski to make the case to the Patriots that he’s underpaid now that a number of tight ends are making far more than he is in his current contract.
- Ravens OLB Elvis Dumervil has been named as a replacement for the 2016 Pro Bowl.
Tags Brent Celek Elvis Dumervil Fletcher Cox julius peppers Lane Johnson Marcel Reese Patrick DiMarco Rob Gronkowski Roddy White Zach Ertz