- Cardinals OLB Dwight Freeney says he’ll take a month to let his emotions die down and decide what to do next season after almost retiring this past season. (Jody Jackson)
The Dolphins announced several coaching hires on Monday for HC Adam Gase‘s staff including:
- Danny Barrett (RBs)
- Ben Johnson (assistant WRs)
- Chris Kuper (offensive quality control)
- Lou Anarumo (DBs)
- Terrell Williams (DL)
- Charlie Bullen (assistant LBs)
- Rusty McKinney (defensive quality control)
- Darren Rizzi (assistant HC/STs)
- Marwan Maalouf (assistant STs)
- Dave Puloka (strength & conditioning coach)
- Jim Arthur and Ted Rath (strength & conditioning assistants)
- Rob Demovsky of ESPN writes that the Packers may not have a need of veteran WR James Jones with Jordy Nelson coming back in 2016.
- Demovsky can see Green Bay moving on from TE Andrew Quarless and seeking an upgrade at the position.
- Regarding restricted free agent G Lane Taylor, Demovsky doesn’t rule out the Packers offering him a low-round tender.
- Demovsky expects OLB Julius Peppers to be back with the Packers in 2016.
- However, Green Bay may only keep one of OLBs Mike Neal and Nick Perry.
- Veteran DT B.J. Raji is reportedly looking for a multi-year deal, which could lead to the Packers re-signing DT Letroy Guion at a lower price.
- Demovsky anticipates some team offering CB Casey Hayward a big contract, which means the Packers could allow him to depart and collect a comp pick in 2017.
- Demovsky believes S Sean Richardson‘s NFL career could be over after a serious neck injury led to him being placed on season-ending injured reserve.
- Rams hire Mike Groh as the team’s wide receivers coach and the passing game coordinator. (Jim Thomas)
- Vikings S Harrison Smith will replace Seahawks S Earl Thomas in the 2016 Pro Bowl.
- Vikings announce Pat Shurmur will be the team’s new tight ends coach and Kevin Stefanski is the new running backs coach.