- Tony Pauline reports that word at the Senior Bowl is that MSU teammates have been less than effusive in their praise of QB Connor Cook.
- Pauline mentions that one hot name at the tight end position is Harvard’s Ben Braunecker, who some scouts believe could end up being a fourth- or fifth-round pick. As of now, Braunecker hasn’t received a combine invite.
- According to Pauline, Clemson S T.J. Green is rated higher than teammate Jayron Kearse on a number of draft boards around the league.
- NFL teams are reportedly pleased in the early going with their interviews with Eastern Kentucky DE Noah Spence, according to Pauline.
- Adam Caplan reports that the Browns have hired Western Kentucky DEs coach Ken Delgado as their assistant DL coach.
Tim Healey of the Boston Globe long snapper Joe Cardona, who was drafted in the fifth round last year, will transition back to being a full-time Navy officer soon and report to Norfolk, Virginia to continue his training.
“This year was great, being on the field,” Cardona said. “I obviously have a higher priority than being here. It’s different. It’s important to me that I’m doing my job on both ends the best I can.”
- Bill Williamson mentions that the Raiders will need to decide on where they will be playing for the 2016 season by March 31.
- Williamson adds that the reality of the Raiders’ situation probably means they’ll need to decide even sooner that.
- In the end, Williams expects them to be playing Oakland for the 2016 season.