- Ian Rapoport expects there to be plenty of buzz regarding North Dakota State QB Carson Wentz in the coming months after he had a good showing at the Senior Bowl this week.
- According to Rapoport, NFL scouts are raving about Temple DT Matt Ioannidis, Boise S Darian Thompson, and OSU WR Braxton Miller at the Senior Bowl this week.
The San Francisco 49ers announced 15 additions to new HC Chip Kelly’s coaching staff on Wednesday.
The new staff includes:
- Jim O’Neil – Defensive Coordinator
- Curtis Modkins – Offensive Coordinator
- Bob Bicknell – Wide Receivers
- Ryan Day – Quarterbacks
- Jeff Nixon – Tight Ends
- Tom Rathman – Running Backs
- Pat Flaherty – Offensive Line
- Eric Wolford – Assistant Offensive Line
- Mick Lombardi – Offensive Quality Control
- Jerry Azzinaro – Defensive Line
- Jeff Hafley – Defensive Backs
- Hardy Nickerson – Inside Linebackers
- Jason Tarver – Outside Linebackers
- Derius Swinton II – Special Teams Coordinator
- Michael Clay – Assistant Special Teams
According to Redskins GM Scot McCloughan, it’s unlikely that they’ll be big players in free agency this year.
“I think we’ll have a little bit of money but it’s going to be similar,” McCloughan said, via CSNMidAtlantic.com. “We’re not going to be big players. I don’t believe in that.”
- McCloughan confirmed that the franchise tag will be an option for QB Kirk Cousins, while adding: “Of course you’d rather not.” (JP Finley)
- Texans HC Bill O’Brien told reporters on Wednesday that OLB Jadeveon Clowney is feeling better after being sidelined with foot injury at end of season and he won’t need offseason surgery. (Aaron Wilson)