Drew Davison of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram wonders if the Cowboys would be better off passing on North Dakota State QB Carson Wentz at No. 4 overall and take Mississippi State QB Dak Prescott middle rounds of the draft.
Prescott met with the Cowboys for an hour on Friday at the Senior Bowl, and watched film with offensive coordinator Scott Linehan and quarterbacks coach Wade Wilson.
“It went real well,” said Prescott, 6-foot-2, 226 pounds. “They just interviewed us, talked about ourselves and watched a little film together.
“Just tried to get to know us, all four of the [South] quarterbacks, and it was real brief.”
New Lions GM Bob Quinn explained he plans to look at potential contract extensions on a “case-by-case” basis this offseason.
“We’ve got some good young players on this team, so when the time’s right and we feel it’s the best decision for the Lions, we’ll come to that decision,” said Quinn, via DetroitLions.com. “I’m not going to make any comments about if we’re going to extend guys two or three or one year out because everybody’s different.”
- Mike Reiss wouldn’t be surprised to see the Patriots draft two running backs this year, much like they did in 2011 when they selected Shane Vereen and Stevan Ridley.
- CSN New England takes a look at five roster moves for the Patriots to consider in the coming months.
- They suggest signing DE Chandler Jones to an extension similar to Saints DE Cameron Jordan, who received a five-year, $55 million deal with $33 million guaranteed.
- Another player who is in line for an extension is LB Dont’a Hightower. CSNNE suggests a contract worth more than the five-year, $50 million signed by Buccaneers OLB Lavonte David.
- CSNNE adds that LB Jamie Collins could also be looking for a similar type of extension.
- Patriots CB Malcolm Butler will be in the final year of his current contract and could play the season with the hope of cashing in big the following year.
- Rich Tandler of CSN Washington doesn’t rule out the Redskins taking an offensive tackle in the draft.
- Tandler considers it likely that RB Alfred Morris will be playing elsewhere in 2016.
- Regarding the receiver position, Tandler believes the Redskins need some more depth whether they elect to release Pierre Garçon and/or DeSean Jackson or not.
- Tandler writes that it’s a reasonable assumption that QB Kirk Cousins will be back on either an extension for a franchise tag. Beyond that, Robert Griffin III will be released, and the team could consider retaining Colt McCoy.