Even though a report from Tuesday said that Colin Kaepernick would prefer to move on and play for the Jets, Matt Maiocco of CSN Bay Area writes that HC Chip Kelly ultimately controls where he’ll be playing in 2016.
In the event the 49ers make Kaepernick available, Maiocco believes there would be several teams interested in him including the Texans, Browns and Broncos.
- Kent Somers of the Arizona Republic wonders if 2016 could be Cardinals WR Larry Fitzgerald‘s final year in the NFL.
- Fitzgerald will be entering the final year of his contract and is set to make guaranteed $11 million.
- Andrew Abramson writes that early indications are that the Dolphins will allow RB Lamar Miller to test the free agent market in the coming months.
- According to Abramson, re-signing DE Olivier Vernon will be Miami’s No. 1 priority this offseason.
- Abramson expects the Dolphins to pick up some cap room by restructuring Ndamukong Suh’s deal and cutting a some veteran players.
- In the even that the Dolphins would like to add a veteran running back to replace Miller, Abramson suggests Alfred Morris, Chris Ivory, Matt Forte, Chris Johnson, James Starks and Ronnie Hillman as some names worth keeping an eye on.
- Another option could be to use a mid-round pick on a running back such as Florida’s Kelvin Taylor, Arkansas’ Jonathan Williams, Notre Dame’s C.J. Prosise, Alabama’s Kenyan Drake and Illinois’ Josh Ferguson.
- Ben Goessling of ESPN can see the Vikings re-signing veteran CB Terence Newman to a one-year contract and give him an opportunity to play at either cornerback or safety.