- Mike Florio of Pro Football Talk mentions that there’s no buzz as the Media Center in San Francisco about the NFL hosting another Super Bowl in the Bay Area.
- According to Florio, “it feels like a one-and-done quid pro quo for building a new stadium.“
Browns QB Johnny Manziel‘s father said he is concerned for his son’s well-being after he has declined to be admitted to area rehabilitation facilities two times in the last week.
“I truly believe if they can’t get him help, he won’t live to see his 24th birthday,” said Paul Manziel, via Kate Hairopoulos of the Dallas Morning News. .
It is worth mentioning that agent Erik Burkhardt elected to drop Manziel as his client on Friday.
- Joel Corry reports that $18 million of the new five-year, $46.25 million contract signed by Eagles DE Vinny Curry is fully guaranteed.
- Curry receives a $10 million signing bonus and $23 million in total guarantees. However, the last $5 million is guaranteed for injury only.
- Curry will carry cap figures of $3M (2016), $11M (2017), $11.25M (2018), and $12M (2019-2020), according to Corry.
- James Kratch of the Newark Star-Ledger believes that seventh-round rookie OL Bobby Hart could start at right tackle next season if the Giants elect to move on from OT Will Beatty.
- Giants RG Geoff Schwartz revealed he played with damaged nerves in his foot and ankle before suffering a broken ankle that landed him on the season-ending injured reserve in Week 12, per Kratch.
- Of impending free agents DE Jason Pierre-Paul, CB Prince Amukamara, and WR Rueben Randle, Kratch believes that the Giants will only re-sign Amakumara.
- Alex Marvez reports the Jets have hired Colorado State special teams coach Jeff Hammerschmidt as an assistant special teams coach.
“I don’t think that’s a slight to Marshawn, just after a while, a back gets older, still wants more money,” Robinson said during an interview with 950 Seattle. “A team has to be prepared to get younger at some point. And I think the injury didn’t help this year. The fact that he didn’t get the yards that he usually gets didn’t help this year. So we’ll see.”