Home / Colts / NFL Notes: Colts, Dolphins, Lions, & Patriots
NFL Notes: Colts, Dolphins, Lions, & Patriots
- Ian Rapoport of NF Media reports that the Colts won’t be sanctioned by the NFL for questions regarding Andrew Luck‘s injury report status.
- The NFL determined that there was no violation.
- Barry Jackson of the Miami Herald reports that the early word is that the Dolphins view keeping DE Olivier Vernon as more important than retaining RB Lamar Miller.
- However, it appears as though they will make an effort to retain both players.
- Miami reportedly believes they have a starting-caliber running back on their roster in Jay Ajayi.
- The problem is that they don’t have an obvious replacement for Vernon, which could lead them to use their franchise tag on him. This would cost Miami around $15 million for the 2016 season.
- 49ers impending free agent WR Anquan Boldin said that Lions HC Jim Caldwell is one of the best coaches around and all players would love to play for him. (Dave Birkett)
- The Lions figure to be in the market for receiver help with Calvin Johnson reportedly leaning towards retirement.
- Mike Reiss of ESPN writes that a Broncos win today could set up a New England-at-Denver matchup to open the 2016 season.
- In regards to a contract extension for Patriots DE Chandler Jones, Reiss mentions that the new five-year, $47.25-million contract extension signed by Eagles DE Vinny Curry could be at least a ballpark of sorts for New England and Jones.
Tags Andrew Luck Anquan Boldin Calvin Johnson Chandler Jones Jay Ajayi Jim Caldwell Lamar Miller Olivier Vernon Vinny Curry