- Field Yates points out that the NFL’s waiver period restarts Monday and remains in place through Week 3 of next season with the Titans having the No. 1 priority.
- The order is based is the same as the 2016 Draft Order.
49ers impending free agent RB Reggie Bush says that he has no plans to retire from the NFL, even after he suffered a season-ending knee injury back in Week 8 after slipping on concrete at the Rams’ stadium.
“I’m not retiring,” Bush said Sunday, via ESPN.com. “I’m still playing. No, I’m not done. And I would never — knock on wood — I never want to end my career like that, going out with that.”
Browns HC Hue Jackson announced eight additions to the coaching staff:
- offensive quality control coach Rock Cartwright
- defensive backs coach Louie Cioffi
- assistant defensive line coach Ken Delgado
- inside linebackers coach Johnney Holland
- assistant defensive backs coach Cannon Matthews
- defensive line coach Robert Nunn
- defensive quality control coach Eric Sanders
- outside linebackers coach Ryan Slowik
Dan Graziano of ESPN offers some potential pass-rush targets that the Giants could consider this offseason.
- In free agency, Graziano lists Olivier Vernon, Bruce Irvin, Derrick Shelby, and Adrian Clayborn.
- Of course, they’ll need to decide whether to retain Jason Pierre-Paul and Robert Ayers.
- Draft targets for the Giants could include: Clemson’s Shaq Lawson, Oregon’s DeForest Buckner, Georgia’s Leonard Floyd, Clemson’s Kevin Dodd, and Oklahoma State’s Emmanuel Ogbah.
- Mike Triplett of ESPN mentions that $10.85 million of Drew Brees’ salary becomes fully guaranteed on Wednesday. However, it’s unlikely that the Saints will part ways with Brees, and could instead work on an extension in the coming months.
- Veteran G Jahri Evans will have $3 million of his salary become fully guaranteed Wednesday as well. Triplett expects Evans to remain with the team in 2016.
- As for some potential roster cuts, Triplett lists: CB Brandon Browner, LB Dannell Ellerbe, LB David Hawthorne, WR Marques Colston, RT Zach Strief, S Jairus Byrd, RB C.J. Spiller and P Thomas Morstead.