Home / Broncos / NFL Notes: Peyton Manning, Broncos, Panthers, Saints, & Seahawks
NFL Notes: Peyton Manning, Broncos, Panthers, Saints, & Seahawks
- Former Colts GM Bill Polian believes Peyton Manning could easily step into a role similar to that of Broncos president/GM John Elway. (Sirius XM Radio)
- Polian adds that Manning is more than prepared to handle the job outside of some specific details regarding the job. (Sirius XM Radio)
- Mike Florio of Pro Football Talk wonders if another team could make a run at signing Broncos OLB Von Miller if they use the non-exclusive franchise tag on him.
- If a team were to do so, Florio expects it to be a team drafting in the backend of round one.
- Of course, the Broncos could prevent anyone from signing him to an offer sheet by using their exclusive franchise tag, which would run them around $14 million for the 2016 season.
- Florio mentions that if the Broncos are able to lock up Miller to a long-term deal, they could then apply the tag to DE Malik Jackson.
- David Newton expects the Panthers to find a way to sign CB Josh Norman and DT Kawann Short to long-term extensions.
- This will require the Panthers to restructure DE Charles Johnson‘s contract or release him outright as he carries a $15 million cap figure in 2016.
- Mike Triplett can see the Saints signing QB Drew Brees to a three-year extension that keeps him in New Orleans.
- Even though there’s been speculation that the Saints could move on from Brees, Triplett writes that they aren’t in a hurry to do so, and an extension would offer some serious cap relief, as Brees will count a staggering $30 million against their cap in 2016.
- The one issue to keep an eye on with Brees and an extension will be his market value, according to Triplett.
- Sheil Kapadia predicts the Seahawks will lock up S Kam Chancellor to a contract extension, rather than go through another offseason like they did a year ago.
Tags Charles Johnson Drew Brees Josh Norman Kam Chancellor Kawann Short Malik Jackson Peyton Manning von miller