Home / 49ers / NFL Notes: 49ers, Browns, Saints, & Vikings
NFL Notes: 49ers, Browns, Saints, & Vikings
- 49ers HC Chip Kelly added another Keanon Lowe, a former Oregon player, to his coaching staff as an offensive analyst. (Adam Caplan)
- According to Joel Corry, $10.1 million of Browns CB Joe Haden’s 2016 base salary became fully guaranteed on Wednesday.
- It was previously guaranteed for injury only at signing.
- Joel Corry points out that if the Saints do nothing with Drew Brees‘ $30 million cap figure between now and next year, it would cost them a staggering $43.09 million to franchise him.
- Matt Vensel of Star Tribune mentions that addressing their offensive line will be a top priority for the Vikings this offseason.
- Vensel can see them drafting an offensive lineman in one of the first three rounds of this year’s draft.
- Vensel believes they should still consider an upgrade a receiver, targeting a physical wideout with size.
- As for cap casualties, Vensel mentions WR Mike Wallace, RT Phil Loadholt and DE Brian Robison as names to keep an eye on.
- According to Vensel, the Vikings aren’t expected to part ways with K Blair Walsh, but he doesn’t rule out the possibility of them bringing in some competition.
- Vensel would be surprised if the Vikings and S Harrison Smith don’t reach an agreement on a extension before the start of the season.
Tags Blair Walsh Brian Robison Drew Brees Harrison Smith Joe Haden Keanon Lowe Mike Wallace Phil Loadholt