- Albert Breer reports that Bills RB LeSean McCoy and his lawyer have been informed that no charges will be filed for his role in a recent bar incident until at least Wednesday.
- Joel Corry reports that 49ers WR Anquan Boldin‘s contract officially voided Friday making him an unrestricted free agent.
- The 49ers will carry $2.727 million of dead money from 2016-2018.
Buccaneers GM Jason Licht mentioned that they plan to be “selective and strategic” with how they build their team through free agency.
“We’ll be selective and strategic,” Licht said Thursday, via Rick Stroud of the Tampa Bay Times. “We don’t want to put ourselves into a position where if you take the wrong guy and give him too much money, it can disrupt your team. I’ve said since Day 1, we are going to build through the draft. And from Day 1, the most success we’ve had is with draft picks.
“We still believe the best way for us to go is to draft and develop players. You can’t think you’re going to put yourself over the top by signing these high-dollar guys.”
- Stroud writes that there’s “no question” the Bucs want WR Vincent Jackson and G Logan Mankins back next year.
Cardinals GM Steve Keim said that he doesn’t think their playoff loss to the Panthers will be a mental hurdle for QB Carson Palmer to overcome.
“When we made the trade for Carson three years ago, there was a perception, because you’re talking about a guy who sat out a year in Cincinnati, that maybe he was a quitter or whatever the thought was across the country,” Keim said, via Darren Urban. “After getting to know him for three years, I haven’t been around many people who are as tough mentally or as competitive as he is. I have a tremendous amount of confidence in Carson Palmer in every aspect of the game.”
“I think Carson Palmer has good football left in him,” Keim said. “I’m proud to have Carson Palmer as our quarterback.”
- Keim said there are “a lot of areas we need to improve,” and added that they’re looking to add both depth and starters t their roster.
- Keim mentioned that they plan to as active in free agency as they typically are, but will be cautious about big-money deals with large guarantees.
- Joel Corry mentions that Cardinals CB Patrick Peterson‘s $9.75 million 2016 base salary is fully guaranteed as of today.