Robert Griffin III
Mike Florio of Pro Football Talk writes that the prospect looms of the Rams possibly signing QB Robert Griffin III once the Redskins cut him loose in the coming weeks.
The Rams have made it clear that they’ll be looking for an upgrade at quarterback this offseason, and RGIII will be one of the more interesting options available at the position.
Of course, he could have interest from other teams such as the Browns, Cowboys and Texans.
According to Florio, “if Griffin wants to maximize his earnings and play now, why not be interested in playing in L.A.?”
It would be interesting to see Griffin end up with the Rams after they traded the rights to Washington for a ton of draft picks.
- Dave Hyde of the Sun Sentinel suggests the Dolphins sign free agent G Alex Boone or former Saints G Jahri Evans to upgrade their interior offensive line.
- Hyde believes Miami should target the best defensive end, linebacker or cornerback with their first-round pick and thinks Clemson DE Shaq Lawson would be a good selection for them.
- From there, Hyde recommends signing a a top cornerback like Janoris Jenkins.
- Other speculative options for the Dolphins, according to Hyde, could include Colts TE Coby Fleener, Bengals S Reggie Nelson, and Bears RB Matt Forte.
- Nick Wagoner of ESPN doesn’t think it’s likely that the Rams will use their franchise tag on either of their free agent CBs Janoris Jenkins or Trumaine Johnson.
- However, if they were to do so, Wagoner believes Jenkins would be the better bet to receive the tag. Wagoner adds that the transition tag may make more sense for L.A.
- John Keim of ESPN writes that Redskins GM Scot McCloughan will remain consistent with his approach towards the team’s roster this offseason.
- According to Keim, the Redskins want to get younger on their defensive line and find another inside linebacker.
- Washington could use more depth at cornerback, safety, running back and tight end.