NFL Notes: Draft, Buccaneers, & Packers
- According to Tony Pauline, Ole Miss WR Laquon Treadwell is not expected to run well at this year’s Combine and he’d reportedly be happy if he finished in the mid 4.5s.
- Pauline reports that teams are excited about Louisiana Tech QB Jeff Driskel and came away impressed with him at the Senior Bowl. Pauline adds that Driskel has received some second-round grades from NFL teams, and a good Combine showing could actually put him ahead of guys like Connor Cook and Christian Hackenberg.
- One small-school cornerback generating some interest is Southeastern Louisana’s Harlan Miller, according to Pauline. A good combine showing could leave him as a top-75 pick.
- Pauline writes that medicals will be big for a number of players including Notre Dame LB Jaylon Smith, Georgia WR Malcolm Mitchell, Boise State OL Rees Odhiambo.
- Greg Auman is hearing that it will require more than $6-7 million per year for the Buccaneers to sign free agent RB Doug Martin.
- If Tampa Bay’s offer ends up being just $5 million annually, Auman expects Martin to test the open market.
- According to Tom Silverstein, Packers DT Letroy Guion’s new deal includes a $500,000 signing bonus and $1.5 million later in the contract.
- Silverstein adds that the Packers can release Guion before this year’s draft and still only owe the $500,000 signing bonus.
- In regards to potential extension candidates for Green Bay, Silverstein lists: G T.J. Lang, G Josh Sitton, LT David Bakhtiari, RB Eddie Lacy, P Tim Masthay, OL J.C. Tretter, and DB Micah Hyde.
- Rob Demovsky considers signing K Mason Crobsy to an extension to be the Packers next priority in free agency.
- Although, Demovsky doesn’t see them using their franchise tag on Crosby.
Tags Christian Hackenberg Connor Cook David Bakhtiari Doug Martin Eddie Lacy Harlan Miller J.C. Tretter Jaylon Smith Jeff Driskel Josh Sitton Laquon Treadwell Letroy Guion Malcolm Mitchell Mason Crobsy Micah Hyde Rees Odhiambo T.J. Lang Tim Masthay