- Brad Biggs of the Chicago Tribune reports that the Bears are hiring former Tulane HC Curtis Johnson as their wide receivers.
In fact, sources have told Jackson that the Dolphins have yet to inform Vernon and his representatives of much they’re willing to offer him to return to Miami next year.
It would run the Dolphins close to $15 million to franchise Vernon, which is a serious commitment considering their cap situation. However, it would also buy them some time to negotiate a long-term deal that could come with a lower cap figure.
Jackson mentions that the two sides could begin discussing a new contract at the upcoming Scouting Combine
- The Lions announced the hiring of Brian Callahan as their new quarterbacks coach.
- Jeff Zrebiec of the Baltimore Sun believes the Ravens may be better off trading back in this year’s draft and collecting more draft picks.
- Zrebiec mentions that it will be “awfully tough” for the Ravens to re-sign OL Kelechi Osemele this offseason, due to their limited cap space.
- According to Zrebiec, K Justin Tucker will likely be franchised unless the two parties are able to work out an extension in the coming weeks.
- Zrebiec writes that even though it has appeared as though releasing veteran CB Kyle Arrington was foregone conclusion, he doesn’t feel as strongly about the idea as he did a month ago.