- John Ourand of Sports Business Journal reports that the Cowboys and Lions are likely host divisional opponents on Thanksgiving this year.
- Ourand mentions that the Cowboys will likely host the Redskins, while the Vikings are viewed as the favorites to play the Lions in Detroit.
- Brandon George of the Dallas Morning News does not expect the Cowboys to re-sign impending free agent CB Morris Claiborne.
Bill Barnwell of ESPN offers five moves that would make sense for the Giants this offseason.
- According to Barnwell, New York should allow DE Jason Pierre-Paul to sign elsewhere in free agency, given that there are obvious concerns about whether he’ll ever return to his previous form following a serious hand injury.
- Barnwell suggests targeting a big-name pass-rusher such as Dolphins DE Olivier Vernon or a veteran who could end up being available like Mario Williams or Charles Johnson.
- Barnwell believes the Giants should approach WR Victor Cruz regarding a restructured deal that would reduce his $9.9 million cap figure.
- An obvious area of need for the Giants will be offensive line. Barnwell mentions Bengals RT Andre Smith, Ravens OL Kelechi Osemele and Texans G Brandon Brooks as some players who would make sense for them.
- The last move Barnwell recommends is re-signing CB Prince Amukamara, as they don’t have an obvious replacement for him on their roster.
- Nick Wagoner of ESPN writes that Rams TE Jared Cook could be a potential cap causality as his production isn’t in line with his salary.
- Beyond that, Wagoner mentions that Cook may not be a fit for what the team wants to do offensively. The Rams have been using him as more of an inline blocker, which doesn’t exactly fit with his skill set.