- Rich Cimini of ESPN is hearing that the Jets aren’t going wait around for TE Jace Amaro to develop, and will instead make an effort to address the position in either free agency and/or the draft.
- Mel Kiper recently mentioned that teams in need of pass-rush help should be able to find them at bargain points in the draft, due to the depth at the position.
- According to Cimini, the Jets haven’t approached LT D’Brickashaw Ferguson regarding a pay cut that would reduce his $14.1 million cap figure, but that could certainly happen at some point in the near future.
- The Charlotte Observer takes a look at five soon-to-be free agent defensive ends that could make sense for the Panthers to consider.
- The list includes: Giants’ Jason Pierre-Paul, Giants’ Robert Ayers, Falcons’s Adrian Clayborn, former Rams’ Chris Long and Rams’ William Hayes.
- ESPN’s Mike Reiss reports Patriots RB Dion Lewis‘ recovery from a torn ACL has been “encouraging” to surgeon Dr. James Andrews.
- According to Reiss, the feeling was that things were exactly where they should be, if not better when Lewis visited Andrews back in January for a routine check-in.
- Reiss adds that the Patriots are likely take things slowly with Lewis during the offseason, but it appears as though Lewis will be ready to go for the start of the season.
“For me, it is next man up,” James said, via Mark Kaboly is a Tribune-Review. “I have been with the team for a year now, and I feel really comfortable with everything. I know the team has confidence in me to get the job done. It is my time to step up and handle business and make sure they are comfortable with me be able to fill in and take over.”