Eagles free agent CB Nolan Carroll said he “would love” to re-sign with Philadelphia.
“Coming here two years ago, I just fell in love with how the city is and how the fans are, how the organization is,” Carroll said, via CSN Philly. “Everybody is welcoming. Everybody loves each other. That’s something you don’t see in a lot of organizations and a lot of people.”
- Manish Mehta of the New York Daily News reports that the Jets did not approach veteran CB Antonio Cromartie about a pay cut before they elected to cut him loose on Monday.
- It’s worth mentioning that Cromartie reportedly would be interested in re-signing with the Jets for less money.
Michael Rothstein of ESPN takes a look at some of the hot topics for the Lions to consider at the Combine this week.
- Atop Rothstein’s list is determiing what’s happening with WR Calvin Johnson.
- Beyond that, Rothstein mentions that the Lions would be smart to check in on available offensive and defensive tackles at the combine.
- Another popular topic for Detroit will be an extension for CB Darius Slay and some others.
- John Keim reports that even though the Redskins could void CB Chris Culliver’s guarantees for the 2016 season after he was suspended for one game last year, they plan on bringing him back and won’t remove the guaranteed portion of his contract.
- Keim offers up some free agent options for Washington at cornerback and safety including: Sean Smith, Prince Amukamara, Janoris Jenkins, Trumaine Johnson, Patrick Robinson, Eric Weddle, George Iloka and Tashaun Gipson.
- As for the draft, Keim offers some speculative options including: Clemson’s Mackensie Alexander, Virginia Tech’s Kendall Fuller, Samford’s James Bradberry, Florida’s Keanu Neal, Ohio State’s Vonn Bell, Boise State’s Darian Thompson and Duke’s Jeremy Cash.