Home / Cowboys / Cowboys Haven’t Finalized Any Plans Regarding DE Greg Hardy

Cowboys Haven’t Finalized Any Plans Regarding DE Greg Hardy

Cowboys executive VP Stephen Jones said Tuesday that they haven’t finalized any plans regarding whether they’ll re-sign DE Greg Hardy.

According Jones, they’re “still not finalized with where we’re going to come down on that,” via the Dallas Morning News.

Yesterday, Mike Fisher of CowboysHQ.com reported that the Cowboys are “done” with Hardy and are prepared to move on, and while that could very well be the case, it appears as though Dallas isn’t willing to confirm this publicly right now.

Jones did say that they plan to continue looking for upgrades at defensive end this offseason.

We’ve just got to do everything we can,” Jones said. “Obviously we tried hard last year. That will continue to be a focus. At the end of the day, that’s a big part of a successful football team, getting pressure on the passer. We’ve got some good players that can do it. We just need a couple more to go with [DeMarcus] Lawrence and [Tyrone] Crawford and those guys.”

Hardy, 27, signed a one-year contract worth $11.3 million with the Cowboys that included weekly bonuses as a way to protect the team from him missing a number of games. The contract also included another $1.8044 million sack-based incentives.

Hardy is in line to be an unrestricted free agent, and one of the best available pass rushers on the open market.

In 2015, Hardy appeared in 12 games and recorded 35 tackles, six sacks, an interception, a forced fumble and a pass defense for the Cowboys. Pro Football Focus has him rated as the No. 17 defensive end out of 48 qualifying players.

We have him featured in our Top 100 – 2016 Free Agents list.