Matt Miller of B/R reports that multiple teams are concerned about Ohio State DE Joey Bosa because his 2015 game tape didn’t match his 2014 productivity.
Miller adds that there are also questions about him off the field, Particulary the incident that led to him being suspended at the start of the 2015 season.
According to Miller, there’s a “good chance” Bosa will drop out of the top-five picks this year.
- 49ers GM Trent Baalke said he’s had contact with OL Anthony Davis, but has no idea where things stand in regards to him possibly returning to the NFL. (Matt Maiocco)
- Baalke referred to RB Carlos Hyde is an “ideal” fit for new coach Chip Kelly’s offense. (Gregg Rosenthal)
- Bears GM Ryan Pace indicated that free agent TE Zach Miller and ILB Shea McClellin are likely to test the open market, but could be back at the right price. (Rich Campbell)
- Pace said that WR Kevin White will be full speed for offseason program: “He’s got a lot of confidence and a big smile on his face.“
- Pace said that they are confident with Charles Leno at left tackle and added that it’s “natural” for him. (Adam Jahns)
- Broncos HC Gary Kubiak said of Peyton Manning: “It’s about (Peyton) taking his time. There’s no hurry. Him and John have had some conversations.” (Ian Rapoport)
- Kubiak did say that he’s likely talk to speak with Manning today and added that John Elway has already had conversations with him. (Nicki Jhabvala)
- Kubiak referred to QB Brock Osweiler as “special” and added that he has a bright future. (Ian Rapoport)
- New Buccaneers HC Dirk Koetter said he’s hopeful they will re-sign RB Doug Martin. (Vaughn McClure)
- Koetter added that he has confidence in RB Charles Sims and believes he can be a three-down running back. (Rick Stroud)
- Koetter said he’s want to have veteran WR Vincent Jackson back in the fold “any day of the week.” (Vaughn McClure)
- Bucs GM Jason Licht said he has attempted to reach out to former HC Lovie Smith via text message, but hasn’t gotten a response. (Vaughn McClure)
- Regarding the decision to fire Smith, Licht said, “That was a tough moment in time for me then. It still is now because I miss him. As a person he’s a good friend, and I have a lot of respect for him as a coach.” (Vaughn McClure)