Home Dolphins NFL Notes: Dak Prescott, Dolphins, Jaguars, Raiders, & Steelers
- Matt Miller of B/R is hearing the most buzz about Mississippi State QB Dak Prescott at the Scouting Combine.
- Miller mentions that Prescott checks a number of boxes for NFL teams with his athleticism, leadership and football IQ.
- A team scout actually referred to Prescott as this year’s Russell Wilson.
- Dolphins VP Mike Tannenbaum praised free agent DE Derrick Shelby and said he’s earned the right to test the open market. (Andrew Abramson)
- Joel Corry suggests Matt Forte as a short-term option for the Dolphins in free agency.
- Corry can’t see Forte costing more than the three-year, $12 million contract Frank Gore signed with the Colts last year.
- Should Miami move on from veteran CB Brent Grimes, Corry mentions Adam Jones as a player who would make sense for the Dolphins, given his ties to DC Vance Joseph.
- According to Ryan O’Halloran, the Jaguars talked to free-agent-to-be C Stefen Wisniewski last week, but it’s unlikely anything will get done before the start of free agency.
- Joel Corry suggests DE Bruce Irvin as a potential option for the Jaguars in free agency, due to his ties to HC Gus Bradley and their need for pass-rush help.
- Raiders HC Jack Del Rio made it very clear he wants to bolster their secondary through free agency and the draft. (Bill Williamson)
- Del Rio said he’s confident Raiders owner Mark Davis would prefer to be in Oakland. (Marc Sessler)
- Joel Corry believes Seahawks free agent DE Bruce Irvin is someone to keep an eye for the Raiders, due to his ties to DC Ken Norton Jr.
- Other suggestion from Corry is Broncos DE Malik Jackson. The Raiders could obviously afford to spend big money on him should he be available.