Home / Dolphins / NFL Notes: Dak Prescott, Dolphins, Jaguars, Raiders, & Steelers
NFL Notes: Dak Prescott, Dolphins, Jaguars, Raiders, & Steelers
- Matt Miller of B/R is hearing the most buzz about Mississippi State QB Dak Prescott at the Scouting Combine.
- Miller mentions that Prescott checks a number of boxes for NFL teams with his athleticism, leadership and football IQ.
- A team scout actually referred to Prescott as this year’s Russell Wilson.
- Dolphins VP Mike Tannenbaum praised free agent DE Derrick Shelby and said he’s earned the right to test the open market. (Andrew Abramson)
- Joel Corry suggests Matt Forte as a short-term option for the Dolphins in free agency.
- Corry can’t see Forte costing more than the three-year, $12 million contract Frank Gore signed with the Colts last year.
- Should Miami move on from veteran CB Brent Grimes, Corry mentions Adam Jones as a player who would make sense for the Dolphins, given his ties to DC Vance Joseph.
- According to Ryan O’Halloran, the Jaguars talked to free-agent-to-be C Stefen Wisniewski last week, but it’s unlikely anything will get done before the start of free agency.
- Joel Corry suggests DE Bruce Irvin as a potential option for the Jaguars in free agency, due to his ties to HC Gus Bradley and their need for pass-rush help.
- Raiders HC Jack Del Rio made it very clear he wants to bolster their secondary through free agency and the draft. (Bill Williamson)
- Del Rio said he’s confident Raiders owner Mark Davis would prefer to be in Oakland. (Marc Sessler)
- Joel Corry believes Seahawks free agent DE Bruce Irvin is someone to keep an eye for the Raiders, due to his ties to DC Ken Norton Jr.
- Other suggestion from Corry is Broncos DE Malik Jackson. The Raiders could obviously afford to spend big money on him should he be available.
Tags Adam Jones Brent Grimes Bruce Irvin Dak Prescott Derrick Shelby Jack Del Rio Lawrence Timmons Malik Jackson Mark Davis Matt Forte Stefen Wisniewski