Home Bengals NFL Rumors: Bengals, Browns, Chargers, & Giants
- Bengals pro personnel director Duke Tobin said they’re working through the negotiations with WR Marvin Jones and want to retain him. (Turron Davenport)
- Tobin added that team management has put them in a good position regarding their salary cap to re-sign players this offseason. (Jim Owczarski)
- According to Tobin, they’re being “proactive” when it comes to comes to get things done in free agency including re-signing safeties George Iloka and Reggie Nelson. (Paul Dehner Jr)
- Tobin mentioned that they are not discussing the possibility of using their franchise tag.
- Regarding re-signing CB Adam Jones, Tobin said: “We love Adam Jones’ passion and what he brings to team and we’ll try to (re-sign) him.” (Geoff Hobson)
- Browns executive Sashi Brown said that if they’re able to retain C Alex Mack, he believes a new deal would be done before opt-out deadline March 4. (Nate Ulrich)
- Brown said that they are in contact with free agent S Tashaun Gipson and will see if they’re able to re-sign him. (Nate Ulrich)
- Brown mentioned that they’re not in any panic to find a quarterback to play right away, and added that Josh McCown gives them that luxury. (Nate Ulrich)
- Vaughn McClure reports that Doug Martin‘s agent has already met with the Buccaneers at the combine regarding a contract extension.
- According to McClure, the talks were “very preliminary” and nothing substantial is expected to happen in Indianapolis.
- Chargers GM Tom Telesco says the tight end position is “in flux” with Antonio Gates and Ladarius Green among their free agents. (Michael Gehlken)
- Telesco did, however, say that they meet with their agents at Combine. (Michael Gehlken)
- Regarding their receiver depth, Telesco said it’s “not as strong with Malcom [Floyd] not being there.“
- Michael Gehken mentions that the Chargers are “firmly in market” for more help receiver and need a deep threat.
- Telesco said that they “have enough (cap) room to do what we need to do.” (Michael Gehlken)
- James Kratch of NJ.com reports that Giants LB Jasper Brinkley is expected to test the market.
- Even so, a source tells Kratch that the Giants have expressed interest in signing Brinkley and have spoke with his representatives.