Home / Bengals / NFL Rumors: Bengals, Browns, Chargers, & Giants
NFL Rumors: Bengals, Browns, Chargers, & Giants
- Bengals pro personnel director Duke Tobin said they’re working through the negotiations with WR Marvin Jones and want to retain him. (Turron Davenport)
- Tobin added that team management has put them in a good position regarding their salary cap to re-sign players this offseason. (Jim Owczarski)
- According to Tobin, they’re being “proactive” when it comes to comes to get things done in free agency including re-signing safeties George Iloka and Reggie Nelson. (Paul Dehner Jr)
- Tobin mentioned that they are not discussing the possibility of using their franchise tag.
- Regarding re-signing CB Adam Jones, Tobin said: “We love Adam Jones’ passion and what he brings to team and we’ll try to (re-sign) him.” (Geoff Hobson)
- Browns executive Sashi Brown said that if they’re able to retain C Alex Mack, he believes a new deal would be done before opt-out deadline March 4. (Nate Ulrich)
- Brown said that they are in contact with free agent S Tashaun Gipson and will see if they’re able to re-sign him. (Nate Ulrich)
- Brown mentioned that they’re not in any panic to find a quarterback to play right away, and added that Josh McCown gives them that luxury. (Nate Ulrich)
- Vaughn McClure reports that Doug Martin‘s agent has already met with the Buccaneers at the combine regarding a contract extension.
- According to McClure, the talks were “very preliminary” and nothing substantial is expected to happen in Indianapolis.
- Chargers GM Tom Telesco says the tight end position is “in flux” with Antonio Gates and Ladarius Green among their free agents. (Michael Gehlken)
- Telesco did, however, say that they meet with their agents at Combine. (Michael Gehlken)
- Regarding their receiver depth, Telesco said it’s “not as strong with Malcom [Floyd] not being there.“
- Michael Gehken mentions that the Chargers are “firmly in market” for more help receiver and need a deep threat.
- Telesco said that they “have enough (cap) room to do what we need to do.” (Michael Gehlken)
- James Kratch of NJ.com reports that Giants LB Jasper Brinkley is expected to test the market.
- Even so, a source tells Kratch that the Giants have expressed interest in signing Brinkley and have spoke with his representatives.
Tags Alex Mack Antonio Gates Doug Martin George Iloka Josh McCown LaDarius Green Marvin Jones Reggie Nelson Tashaun Gipson