- MSU QB Conner Cook said that he’ll meet with Browns Thursday night and added he’d love to play for Cleveland. (Mary Kay Cabot)
- Penn State QB Christian Hackenburg said he had an informal meeting with the Bills. (Chris Brown)
- The Lions met with Oregon WR Bralon Addison at the combine. (Kyle Meinke)
“We’re not going to chase a ghost just because we think the clock is ticking,” Thompson said, via NFL.com.
Thompson reiterated their believe if their consistent approach to drafting and developing players.
“We value draft and development,” Thompson said. “We value free agency. We have guys like Julius Peppers, guys that have been free agents. If you can help us win football games and be a good teammate and that sort of thing, you have a place for us. So we’re not opposed to doing that.”
- Packers HC Mike McCarthy said of Jordy Nelson‘s recovery from an ACL injury: “I’m not worried about him getting back to where he was. He’s way ahead of schedule. I’ve already talked to him, with this fifth preseason game, about how we play him in the preseason. He’ll work some in the OTAs, but I don’t see him having any limitations come training camp.” (Rob Demovsky)
- McCarthy also said said that both WR Davante Adams and RB Eddie Lacy “hit road blocks” last year, but he has “great confidence that Eddie and Davante will come back ripping and roaring.” (Rob Demovsky)
Ravens assistant general manager Eric DeCosta said that they feel like they’ve narrowed their list of guys they’re considering at No. 6 overall down to two players.
“We feel like we know who the top six guys will be in the draft, at least we feel like we have it narrowed to the two guys that we would probably pick,” DeCosta said Thursday, via ESPN.com.
Jamison Hensley suggests Notre Dame OT Ronnie Stanley, Ohio State DE/OLB Joey Bosa, Florida CB Vernon Hargreaves III, Oregon DE DeForest Buckner or UCLA LB Myles Jack as some players who could make sense for the Ravens.
- Texans HC Bill O’Brien said of Penn State QB Christian Hackenberg: “I think Christian is a very talented guy. It is very difficult to be a starting quarterback. He can throw the football. He’s a big guy. He’s smart.” (Aaron Wilson)
- O’Brien mentioned that while they’re still evaluating things, Arian Foster, like other players on the team, are in the plans. (Aaron Wilson)
- Regarding QB Tom Savage, O’Brien said: “We’re going to give him reps this spring. He’s working hard.” (Aaron Wilson)
- GM Rick Smith said of their free agent plans and G Brandon Brooks: “We try to keep our players. He’s a key cog. We would love to have him back.” (Aaron Wilson)
- Smith stressed that they need to solidify the quarterback position this offseason. (Aaron Wilson)
- According to Smith, Foster’s salary isn’t a reason why they’d release him. (Aaron Wilson)