Eliot Shorr-Parks of NJ.com wonders if the Eagles could trade up to No. 6 overall with the Ravens for a quarterback.
Ravens GM Ozzie Newsome made it clear on Wednesday that he would be willing to field calls for the pick.
“You have to ask those teams that are looking for quarterbacks,” Newsome said. “I feel real good about the two we’ve got: Joe and Ryan Mallett. You’d have to ask those teams. I’m at number six, so they can always call me.”
Shorr-Parks mentions that the Eagles should be able to get one of Carson Wentz, Jared Goff or Paxton Lynch by moving up to No. 6 overall.
As for the what it could cost the Eagles, Shorr-Parks suggests a third-round pick to move up six spots based on the NFL Draft Value Chart.
- Ohio State QB Cardale Jones said playing for hometown Browns wouldn’t be a distraction for him. (Scott Petrak)
- Eliot Shorr-Parks thinks Jones makes a “ton of sense” for the Eagles because his issues are mental, not physical, and he has all the tools.
- Mississippi State QB Dak Prescott met with the Cowboys yesterday. (Jon Machota)
- Stanford QB Kevin Hogan made it seem like he had a good first meeting with the Bills. (Tyler Dunne)
- The Lions also met with Kevin Hogan last night. (Kevin Meinke)
- UCLA WR Jordan Payton said he met with Broncos WRs coach Tyke Tolbert last night. (Andrew Mason)
- An NFC GM tells Tim Graham of the Bills’ cap situation: “They have a lot to envy, but their salary-cap situation is the worst in the NFL. … It’s criminal mismanagement.“
- The GM mentioned that the Bills are in a bad cap situation, even though they have a starting quarterback on a reasonable salary. (Tim Graham)
Chiefs GM John Dorsey didn’t rule out the possibility of using their franchise tag in the coming weeks.
“I’ve used the franchise tag in the past and it’s not out of the possibility that I could use it again,” Dorsey said, via NFL.com. “It all depends on how certain things go in the process, but you always want to have something in your pocket and I can use that.”
- Dorsey told reporters that he’s scheduled to meet with Eric Berry’s agent this weekend. (Terez A. Paylor)
- Dorsey says that if someone throws starter money at QB Chase Daniel, they’re obviously not going to be able to retain him. (Terez A. Paylor)
- Dorsey said Jamaal Charles is “well ahead of schedule” in his rehab from a torn ACL. (Conor Orr)
- In regards to free agent ILB Derrick Johnson, Dorsey said “we’re not going to let good players go.“(Conor Orr)
- Colts HC Chuck Pagano said of his relationship with GM Ryan Grigson: “Ryan’s the GM, I’m the head coach. It’s all good.” (Ben Volin)
- Pagano said of the team’s offensive line: “We want to shore up the middle.” (Zak Keefer)
- Pagano indicated that QB Josh Freeman will compete for a roster spot in the coming months. (Kevin Bowen)
- Pagano said he has faith in Denzelle Good playing right tackle and added that their offensive line needs upgrades at guard and center. Pagano also mentioned that he likes tackles in this year’s draft. (Phillip B. Wilson)
- Pagano made it clear that improving their pass rush will be a focal point this offseason. (George Bremer)
- Ryan Grigson said that with the limited amount of cap space they have compared to past few years, the Colts will have to “scout our rear ends off” to find talent in 2016. (Kevin Bowen)
- According to Vaughn McClure of ESPN, the Falcons have “done their homework” on this year’s crop of free agent wide receivers including Travis Benjamin, Mohamed Sanu, Jermaine Kearse, and Nate Washington.