Colts GM Ryan Grigson told reporters on Thursday that they and Andrew Luck‘s representatives are motivated to get a long-term contract in place this offseason.
“Both sides are motivated,” Grigson said, via Stephen Holder. “We obviously want Andrew here. I really don’t anticipate any issues with that. I can’t talk about any numbers or anything like that. We haven’t started any of those discussions. But that will probably happen soon.”
- Jaguars GM David Caldwell said there is a good chance that RB Toby Gerhart is back in 2016. (Michael DiRocco)
- Caldwell added that he believes there is a role for Gerhart on the team.
- According to Caldwell, their staff is evaluating whether DE Chris Clemons has a role on the team going forward and plan to reach out to his representatives soon. (Michael DiRocco)
- Packers HC Mike McCarthy denied the report that they have asked RB Eddie Lacy to drop 30 pounds: “Numbers out there about his weight are inaccurate. The Green Bay Packers have never, ever asked him to lose 30 pounds.” (Ryan Wood)
- McCarthy confirmed that Eddie Lacy met with P90X founder Tony Horton, but didn’t offer much beyond that. (Michael Cohen)
- McCarthy said he would like to see DT B.J. Raji re-signed. (Michael Cohen)
- McCarthy said he was “disappointed” by the four-game suspension handed down to DT Mike Pennel, but added that they will “see him through this.” (Michael Cohen)
- McCarthy believes WR Jeff Janis will continue to get bigger role: “I like to look at Jeff a kind of an ascending Green Bay Packer.” (Ryan Wood)
- Nick Wagoner reports that the Rams are planning to keep OL Rodger Saffold for the 2016 season.
- Rams GM Les Snead made it clear that Rams are hoping to get extensions done with key players in March including DT Michael Brockers and LB Alec Ogletree. (Nick Wagoner)
- According to Jeff Zrebiec, if the Ravens are, in fact, able to re-sign Kelechi Osemele, they will likely designate OT Eugene Monroe as a post-June 1 cut.
- Beyond that, Zrebiec mentions that this would rule out them taking an offensive tackle at No. 6 overall.
- Ravens HC John Harbaugh joked with reporters about QB Joe Flacco’s contract: “I don’t think Joe is talking about taking any pay cuts that I’m aware of. Would be great if he would.” (Jeff Zrebiec)