- Jason Fitzgerald of Over The Cap believes teams will be willing to take a chance on Colin Kaepernick‘s in a potential trade, even with his $14.3 million salary.
- Fitzgerald mentions that the 49ers could approach this situation the same way the Rams did last year when they were able to get a decent return for QB Sam Bradford from the Eagles.
- Fitzgerald points out that the 49ers’ traded Alex Smith to the Chiefs for two second-round picks, so this could be a reasonable asking price in a deal for Kaepernick.
- The Dallas Police Department announced Thursday that the domestic violence case against Browns QB Johnny Manziel has been sent to a grand jury, per ESPN.
- Police released a statement saying they have asked the Dallas County District Attorney’s Office to present a misdemeanor domestic violence case to the local grand jury.
- Manziel faces charges that carry a maximum punishment of one year in jail and a $4,000 fine.
- Tony Pauline reports that the New York Jets will be interviewing quarterbacks Jared Goff and Carson Wentz at the combine.
- Mississippi State QB Dak Prescott met with the Jets last night. (Rich Cimini)
- Texas Tech RB DeAndre Washington said he has informally visited with the Cowboys. (Jeff Cavanaugh)
- Stanford TE Austin Hooper will interview with the Steelers Thursday night. (Gerry Dulac)
- According to Pauline, Ole Miss OT Laremy Tunsil and DT Robert Nkemdiche have each scheduled 29 separate interviews.
- Pauline adds that the Cowboys and Chargers are “looking hard” at Nkemdiche.
- Broncos president John Elway said that LB Danny Trevathan will “probably have to hit the market” because of the other deals they’re working on right now. (Jeff Legwold)
- Elway did say that if OLB Von Miller was signed to a long-term deal, they would consider using the franchise tag on DE Malik Jackson, but not for QB Brock Osweiler. (Jeff Legwold)
- Elway said of DeMarcus Ware: “From everything I read, DeMarcus wants to play and we’d like to have DeMarcus back.” (Nicki Jhabvala)
- In regards to free agent TE Vernon Davis, Elway said: “Vernon (Davis), he’ll probably be on the market, but that’s not to say that we don’t want him back.” (Nicki Jhabvala)
“I think the Drew Brees contract, that will get done very easily,” Payton said, via the Times-Picayune. “And I think Mickey and Tom (Condon), I know they already visited — Mickey and I just spoke briefly about it….
“I just know there will be an extension. I know that things will get worked out. I know where (Brees is) at, and his mindset and his competitive nature of wanting to be successful. And I know, without speaking for him, both of us feel like there’s still more success to be had.”