Robert Griffin III
ESPN’s Adam Schefter mentioned during a radio interview that he expects Robert Griffin III to be “in play” for the Cowboys this offseason.
“They’re gonna make some moves here, “Schefter said, via Dallas Morning News. “Let’s just say you sign RG3 during the offseason, you solidify the quarterback position. You decide to go defense; you get a running back in there. Very quickly you think your team is back to what it was, not this past year, but the year before. I think RG3 is gonna be in play for the Dallas Cowboys. So that would be one quarterback option that might make it easier for you to pass on a quarterback this year. But the bottom line is if there’s a quarterback they love, it’s hard to pass up solidifying the next 12 years of your franchise by doing that.”
- Jason Cole of B/R mentions that Cal QB Jared Goff has put on 13 pounds since the end of the college season.
- Goff’s agent said that they found he has a problem digesting protein, which led to him not putting on as much weight.
- According to Cole, this will help Goff overcome some of the fears NFL teams have about him and his small frame holding up in the NFL.
- Tony Pauline has been told that veteran S Eric Weddle won’t receive the big-money contract many have predicted.
- According to Tony Pauline, the Jets could be a good fir for Bears free agent LB Shea McClellin if he doesn’t re-sign with Chicago.
- Jeremy Fowler of ESPN writes that the Steelers will allow many of their impending free agents to test the open market.
- According to Fowler, Pittsburgh is likely to move on from S Will Allen.
- Fowler admits that the Steelers could be planning to re-sign one of OT Kelvin Beachum or G Ramon Foster, but they most likely won’t do so unless they come at a “very team-friendly” price.
- Fowler reports that the Steelers met with DT Steve McLendon‘s reps in Indianapolis.