Home Buccaneers NFL Rumors: Rule Change, Buccaneers, Panthers, Patriots, & Vikings
- ESPN’s Adam Scehfter reports that the NFL’s competition committee is considering a rule that would eliminate the chop block for 2016 season.
- Roy Cummings reports that the Buccaneers are unlikely to use their franchise tag on RB Doug Martin before Tuesday’s deadline.
- David Newton of ESPN writes that even though the Panthers have a pair of impressive defensive tackles in Star Lotulelei and Kawann Short, it doesn’t mean Carolina won’t consider taking a defensive tackle at No. 30 overall.
- Newton writes that doing so would at least give the Panthers insurance in case the Panthers can’t reach a long-term deal with Lotulelei or Short.
- Many have said that interior defensive line is the deepest position in this year’s draft class, so it’c conceivable that the best player on their draft board could very well be a defensive tackle.