- Todd Archer of ESPN reports that Cowboys QB Tony Romo will undergo a surgery known as Mumford procedure, which involves shaving of bone from the clavicle.
- Romo will reportedly need 6-8 weeks to recover from the surgery, but he should still be back in time for OTAs in May or June.
- Romo was also considering having a plate inserted into his collarbone.
- Tony Pauline of WalterFootball.com reports that Eastern Kentucky DE/OLB Noah Spence posted forty-yard dash times “in the high 4.6s to 4.77” on a wet field field Friday in 37-degree temperature.
- According to Pauline, the Buccaneers were looking at Spence as a defensive end and the Jets had nearly half dozen people on hand for the workout.
- Pauline adds that Spence is scheduled to meet with the Dolphins.
Free agent S Tyvon Branch mentioned that he’s be happy to play for the Browns his former HC Hue Jackson if they were interested in signing him.
“I have a great relationship with Hue Jackson,” Branch said, via Sirius XM NFL Radio. “If they wanted me, I would be happy to go there.”
- Mike Jones reports that the Redskins and reps for free agent RB Alfred Morris have had some early contract talks, but the team has yet to make him an offer.
- Jones adds that Morris is still expected to test the open market next week.
Titans GM Jon Robinson said they down to less than 20 players who are in consideration for the No. 1 overall pick.
“I would say it is not 20, but it is more than one,’’ Robinson said, via TitansOnline.com.
Robinson also explained what they’re looking for in players.
“The most important thing is: Are they going to make an impact on our football team on the field?” Robinson said. “But I would say 1A is: Are they going to embody the traits that Mike [Mularkey] and I have laid out with being tough, coachable, team-first guys, guys that are dependable guys on and off the field.
“It is as much their personality and fit here as people as it is on the field. I’m not saying we want a roster of 53 Boy Scouts — and that’s not a dig at the Boy Scouts — but there’s no question that’s a big part of it. Do they embody everything we stand for as Titans?’